banner

R.I. Theme 2019-20
Member picture
Helen  Morrison
President 2019-20

Women In Rotary
 
CLUB SPONSORS
Bulletin Editor
Len Cairns
INVOCATION
For Good Food
for Good Fellowship
and the Opportunity to
Serve through Rotary
WE GIVE THANKS
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FAIR
Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free,
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea,
Our land abounds in natures gifts,
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair!
In joyful strains then let us sing,
"Advance Australia Fair!"
FOUR WAY TEST
1. 
Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
ClubRunner Mobile
Posted by Len Cairns
Moe Bulletin Issue No. 33
 

Rotary Club of Moe will next meet

Online

See the information below in this Bulletin

 

SKYPE meeting with President Helen in the Chair and moderated by Robin Noakes. To start online at 6.30 pm as usual.

 
 
 
 

 

 
March Rotary Theme is Water and Sanitation
 
Clean water and sanitation is a human right. When people, especially children, have access to clean water,
sanitation, and hygiene, they lead healthier and more successful lives.
u
We don’t just build wells and walk away. Rotary members integrate water, sanitation, and hygiene into
education projects. When children learn about disease transmission and practice good hygiene,
they miss less school. And they can take those lessons home to their families, expanding our impact.
 

Hi everyone for 30 March 2020 meeting

Some new bits from my role as Moderator.

Golden Rule : Mute your audio unless you are speaking.

Please always keep your mike switched to mute unless announcing your wish to speak or have been invited to speak. Too many people talking at the same time causes chaos, and as moderator I may need to mute mikes that I see on.

I suggest a pause in proceedings at the 30 minute mark for a stretch/cuppa coffee/”Rotarian pick me up.”

For those who need refreshing I have found a 6 minute video on the basics of running Skype which is not too “nerdy”. You can always pause and go back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRcb3uB3Jac

Looking forward to chatting on Monday.

Log onto Skype at 6.15pm to be ready for me to call the group at 6.25pm. Kick off at 6.30pm.

(do not skype call me, I will group call you, thx)

 
 
 
Helen’s Herald #34
 
Last week we had our first ever meeting via skype. Thanks to Robin we had 11 members join in.  Please contact Robin about joining in on our meeting.
 
Report from Secretary Di Harrison: Received 3 badges in the mail for Byron Puddy, Maureen Bishop and Helen Morrison. Received W.W.C. for Di Harrison.
Outgoing: District Insurance and compliance form.
Please note Reports from Chairs are to be completed by May.
 
As welfare officer I would like all members to buddy up with another member and keep in contact. If member is unwell or needs anything please let me or (Alan Bishop who has offered to help with welfare) know.
 
Maureen gave a brief golf report, it looks like we raised about $25,000.    $6000 with the loud auction, $1000 on the small raffle and over $8000 in the major raffle.
 
Michael Koch mentioned that the express will put in a thank you to all the sponsors for the golf day. Thanks to all the Rotarians that made this a successful day.
 
Vocational Chair Maureen spoke about the RJCA program. Maureen will contact the schools and ask how they are going to proceed in this time of uncertainty we may need to defer the program this year.
 
International Chair Peter has been in contact with Judy Stewart from Lowanna and she asked if members of Rotary could volunteer to help with a community garden at Lowanna, this will need to be passed onto the community chair  Lyn and at the moment the schools are closed, we will look at this in the future.
 
Len will ask for an extension on time for the grant from district for the garden beds at the Botanic gardens.
Alan Bishop encouraged all members to have a look at the progress of the playground at the Botanic gardens, it looks good.
Di Harrison informed the club that MUNA has been cancelled for this year.
Please join us for our next meeting via skype on Monday 30th of March at 6:30pm.
 
President Helen Morrison
Stories
Minutes of Special Emergency Board Meeting
ROTARY CLUB OF MOE
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
MINUTES: 19 March 2020
Venue: 61 Hampton St Moe
Meeting Commenced at 7.05pm ACTIONS
Board Members 2019-20
Pres. Helen Morrison, Sec. & PE. Di Harrison, Treas. PDG PP Bryon Puddy, Rtn. Lyn
Cassar, PP Maureen Bishop, IPP Peter Kingsbury, PP Di Wilkinson (Acting Treasurer), Rtn.
Alan Bishop, PP Len Cairns (Co-opted member).
Present:
Pres. Helen Morrison (HM) (Chair), Sec. & PE. Di Harrison (DH) (Club Admin), PP
Maureen Bishop (MB) (Vocational/Youth), PP Len Cairns and Rtn. Alan Bishop (AB)
(Membership).
Apologies:
Treas. PDG Bryon Puddy (BP), IPP Peter Kingsbury (PK) (International),
PP Di Wilkinson (DW) (Foundation) and Rtn. Lyn Cassar (LCa) (Community).
GENERAL BUSINESS:
1. Discussion regarding COVID-19 and Impact on the Rotary Club of Moe
Background: RI has circulated their response re. the COVID-19 outbreak and is closely
monitoring the pandemic, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus, and is continuously
assessing the potential impact on Rotary operations, events, and members.
In the near term, Rotary International recommends that districts and Rotary and Rotaract
clubs meet virtually, cancel, or postpone meetings and events following the advice of national
and local health officials.
Rotary encourages members and their families to take precautions to protect themselves from
contracting the virus by: washing your hands often and thoroughly, putting distance between
yourself and others if COVID-19 is spreading in your community, and staying home if you
are sick.
The Board acknowledged the fact that many club members are in the high-risk age group.
DH was contacted by Courtney Lee (RSL Moe) and was advised the Function Room is no
longer available for Rotary Meetings as from Monday 23 March.
Robin Noakes organised a ‘practice’ Skype session with LC, MB, and DH earlier today,
which was successful. Feedback: Participants agreed Skype would be a good program to use
for virtual meetings. A moderator is needed to assist with the running of the meeting. RN has
offered to setup groups.
Motion:
‘The Board of the Rotary Club of Moe recommend that as from Monday 23 March, members
do not meet face-to-face for a period of 6 weeks, then subject to a review of the COVID-19
pandemic situation in the first week of May, a further recommendation will be made by the
Board in line with information from Rotary International and national health officials
regarding social contact.
That the club move to virtual meetings and setup Skype groups to enable meetings to be held
for Club Administration and the Board during the period of limited social contact.
That regular weekly communication with members of the club will continue to occur through
the Bulletin and ClubRunner emails and members are encouraged to keep in contact with
each other through phone calls.’

Moved: LC Seconded: AB Carried Unanimously
The Board agreed to use Skype to conduct meetings and communicate virtually. DH will send out instructions regarding how to access and use Skype to all club members.
DH is to contact Roger Taylor regarding programs and how RT wishes to proceed re. contacting guest speakers.
Member Welfare - It was suggested a Phone Buddy List be developed. LC will include this in the Bulletin and invite members to contact DH via email as to who they would like to buddy with.
DH reported the District is planning to record webinars to circulate to clubs so they can be viewed by members to maintain their interest in Rotary. Links can be shared with members via the Bulletin.
The Board acknowledged the activities of the committees: International; Community and Vocational/Youth will be curtailed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
MB (Chair-Vocational/Youth) will contact school Principals re. continuing the RJCA program. DH reported MUNA had been cancelled and clubs and secondary schools will be formally notified.
DH will send out an email via ClubRunner tomorrow to inform members of the Boards decision regarding mode of future meetings.
No further business was discussed.
Meeting Closed at: 7.40pm
 
 
 
 
The minutes of the special Board Meeting show that our Board has taken the advice of RI and the Australian Government seriously and is taking steps to enable communication and support amongst Moe Rotarians over the coming weeks.
 
Our secretary Di Harrison has sent an email to all Rotarians today about how to arrange to operate on the free software communication package called SKYPE.
 
Please click on the following link which will help you get started with using 'Skype'
 
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/how-do-i-get-started-with-skype
 
Once you have a Skype name (ID) and have initiated the programme for you Phone or Computer, please let Robin Noakes know by email what your ID/Name for Skype is as he, as sergeant, will be moderating future meetings online.
 
 
 
 
Read more...
Forthcoming Events
 
CLUB EVENTS:
 
We will be operating online from Monday, 23rd March for 6 weeks when the Board will review our future meetings.
 
Read more...
Celebrations
MARCH BIRTHDAYS
Robin Noakes, 31st March
 
MARCH ANNIVERSARIES
Ross and Susie Maxfield, 30th March
 
MARCH INDUCTIONS
Bruce Paull, 29th March 1993.
 
 
Read more...
WEEKLY DUTY ROSTER
 
Date Chair Invocation Online Moderator Assist. Reg.  Clean Up
30th  March Helen Hope Robin Noakes None None
This will be an Online Meeting via Skype          
COMMITTEES V.1      
BOARD  
VOCAT. & YOUTH
COMMUNITY  INTERNATIONAL  CLUB ADMIN.
H Morrison (Pres.)
M Bishop L Cassar P Kingsbury D Harrison
P Kingsbury (IPP),
R Noakes Bill Connell   H Morrison (Pres)
D Harrison (Sec) A Bishop R Maxfield B Paull/ M Koch D Harrison (Sec and P.E./media release)
B. Puddy (Treas.)
B Eishold D. Wood
W.Farmer
B.Puddy (Treas)
L Cassar (C) D Harrison B.Dunstan J Hutchinson
W.Farmer (F'book/Social)
M Bishop (C) R Taylor A Sinnott D.Power M Bishop (website)
P Kinsgbury (C) J Yeatman L Cairns S Guo/ K Lucas J Yeatman(Att'dance)
A Bishop(M'ship) GOLF COMMITTEE H MacDonald K Manani R.Maxfield (Historian),
D Wilkinson (F'n Chr)) R Taylor B. Puddy
SPECIAL PROJECTS
 R.Noakes (CPO), B Eishold (Serg)
 
M.Bishop
 
J.Hutchinson
R.Taylor (Programs)
 
J.Hutchinson
SERGEANT  D.Power
S Guo (Photographer)
MEMBERSHIP A.Bishop
R Noakes
D.Wilkinson L Cairns (Bulletin)
 A Bishop, B Dunstan P Kingsbury B Eishold B.Dunstan TEC'NOLGY/ WEB/BULLETIN
FOUNDATION
H Morrison
  D.Harrison W.Farmer
D Wilkinson, B.Puddy D Wilkinson   B.Paull M Bishop
  B Connell     L Cairns